Definition of unkempt:
muddled, coiffed, blowsy, bald, balding, frowsy, mussy, bedhead, pell-mell, littered, confused, untidy, tumbled, topsy-turvy, hugger-mugger, chaotic, rumpled, mussed, messed, cluttered, bad hair day, disarranged, disarrayed, upside-down, slipshod, slobby, disordered, body, higgledy-piggledy, uncombed, bushy, close-cropped, ungroomed, bouffant, tousled, jumbled, slobbish, bristly, order, sloven.
- dirty (part of speech: verb)
- slovenly (part of speech: adjective)
- unfashionable (part of speech: adjective)
- rough (part of speech: adjective)
Statues and pillars are alike antique, and give you a moment of the Eternal City the more intense because the promenade is of an unkempt and broken surface, like the Cow- field which the Roman Forum used to be.- "Familiar Spanish Travels", W. D. Howells.
- "The Children of the Poor", Jacob A. Riis.