Definition of sluggish:
poking, sulky, laggard, dilatory, analog, tedious, clean, automatically, lagging, off, unemployed, ho-hum, built, wearisome, squashy, waterlogged, stuporous, huffish, cordless, stately, deadening, snail-paced, boring, clockwork, irksome, hebetudinous, muddy, sloppy, sloughy, clever, soggy, snaillike, thudding, doughy, softened, dillydallying, action, soft, miry, tiresome, shiftless, sluggard, slack, vacant, trifling, steady, muffled, measured, neutral, marshy, tardy, glooming, gloomy, sedate, broken, mucky, automatic, do-nothing, dallying, industrious, increase, muted, swampy, boggy, dumb, quaggy, deliberate, down, quiescent, indifferent, unoccupied, auxiliary, gloomful, hibernating.
- fatigued (part of speech: adjective)
- dull (part of speech: adjective)
- inert (part of speech: adjective)
- lethargic (part of speech: adjective)
- slow (part of speech: adjective)
Like a small flame applied in vain to a bundle of green sticks, this effort of his will gradually weakened without having moved the sluggish heart, and left him at last in vague contemplation of the even roar of the Anio.- "The Saint", Antonio Fogazzaro Commentator: William Roscoe Thayer.
- "Early English Meals and Manners", Various.
- "The Ruined Cities of Zululand", Hugh Mulleneux Walmsley.