Definition of brashness:
Synonyms for brashness:
temerity, impudency, attitude, gaudiness, audaciousness, nerviness, face, overconfidence, uppishness, incivility, chutzpah, temerariousness, gall, loudness, flashiness, meretriciousness, nerve, courtesy, disrespect, familiarity, forwardness, sassiness, volume, cheek, assumption, careful, impudence, presumption, brassiness, intensity, cheekiness, speciousness, uppityness, pushiness, sauce, crust, tawdriness, brass, garishness, pertness, glitz.
- discourtesy (part of speech: noun)
- rashness (part of speech: noun)
- recklessness (part of speech: noun)
- insolence (part of speech: noun)
- "A Pagan of the Hills", Charles Neville Buck.
Since then there have been assaults timorous and assaults head- long- by Bierce, by Dreiser, by Phillips, by Fuller- by Mary MacLanes and by Upton Sinclairs- by ploughboy poets from the Middle West and by jitney geniuses in Greenwich Village- assaults gradually tapering off to a mere sophomoric brashness and deviltry.- "A Book of Prefaces", H. L. Mencken.
- "An Apostate: Nawin of Thais", Steven Sills.