Definition of artistic:
decorative, dainty, pictorial, aesthetical, esthetic, selective, imaginative, flat, sensitive, chaste, style, exquisite, aesthetic, noble, fine, tasteless, nice, picturesque, inventive, delicious, rhythmical, fastidious, ideal, esthetical, well-balanced, tasteful, musical, in good taste, judicious, pleasing, grand, tasty, studied, inept, elevated, photographic.
- dramatic (part of speech: adjective)
- artistic (part of speech: adjective)
- expert (part of speech: adjective)
- stylish (part of speech: adjective)
- tasteful (part of speech: adjective)
I knew then, as I know now, that there must be a reserve force behind all forms of art; that one essential of artistic expression is to create the belief that you are not doing your best, that you are not under a strain.- "Bolanyo", Opie Percival Read.
- "Bird of Paradise", Ada Leverson.
- "Gossamer 1915", George A. Birmingham.