Definition of astute:
clear-sighted, penetrating, needlelike, piercing, keen, shrewd, discriminating, precipitous, penetrative, subtile, study atshrewd, discerning, careful, sharp, abrupt, shrill, conniving, savvy, tart, crisp, calculative, acuate, smart, ability, sharp-worded, cagey, incisive, acute, knifelike.
- cunning (part of speech: adjective)
- aware (part of speech: adjective)
- intelligent (part of speech: adjective)
- intuitive (part of speech: adjective)
witty (part of speech: adjective)
- "Italy at War and the Allies in the West", E. Alexander Powell.
- "My Strangest Case", Guy Boothby.
- "The Development of the European Nations, 1870-1914 (5th ed.)", John Holland Rose.