Definition of calculating :
1. Given to contrivance or forethought; forecasting; scheming; as, a cool calculating disposition.
2. of Calculate
3. Of or pertaining to mathematical calculations; performing or able to perform mathematical calculations.
4. The act or process of making mathematical computations or of estimating results.
calculating (part of speech: verb)
systematizing, gauging, computing, reckoning, quantizing, ranking, planning, concluding, deducing, thinking, presuming, summing, guessing, considering, supposing, valuing, counting, totaling, weighing, scheming, inferring, scheduling, assessing, tallying, dividing, determining, evaluating, surmising, plotting, approximating, programming, scoring, studying, rationalizing, rating, judging, multiplying, measuring, accounting, figuring, adding, enumerating, quantifying, triangulating, appraising, estimating
measuring (part of speech: verb)
thinking (part of speech: verb)
contemplating, cerebrating, imagining, envisioning, cogitating, brooding, musing, deliberating, pondering, reasoning, reflecting, speculating, concentrating, debating, daydreaming, analyzing, meditating
cunning (part of speech: adjective)
crafty, masterly, masterful, serpentine, foxy, smooth, devious, sharp, quick, slick, subtle, designing, wily, sly, artful, skillful, cunning, witty, slippery, deft, clever, astute, snaky, tricky, shrewd, wary, feline, canny, ingenious
- Well, without calculating I should imagine it would be a very minute fraction of an inch. - "Amusements in Mathematics", Henry Ernest Dudeney.
- But in calculating that way we shall be employing what reason we have. - "Public Opinion", Walter Lippmann.
- It is not as if I were cold and calculating- so don't despise me altogether. - "The Metropolis", Upton Sinclair.