Definition of meager:
not go far, wanting, bony, bare, lanky, miserable, stingy, plump, fat, rawboned, light, lanky, weedy, lithe, willowy, wanting, meagre, skinny, hand-to-mouth, measly, marginal, peaked, meagerly, niggard, pitiful, in short/limited supply, paltry, lank, angular, gaunt, tenuous, gaunt, scanty, weedy, fat, lacking, skimp, spare, lank, lean, emaciated, exiguous, excess, fleshless, derisory, withered, bony, skinny, thin, slender, ungenerous, scrimpy, lean, thin, slender, hardscrabble, big, twiggy.
- insufficient (part of speech: adjective)
small (part of speech: adjective)
- stingy (part of speech: adjective)
- little (part of speech: adjective)
- "Land of the Burnt Thigh", Edith Eudora Kohl.
Other influential people gradually became interested in the strange creature, who certainly did appear to have some talent, but who had even more obvious defects; and so he lived on, supported in the most meager fashion.- "Journeys Through Bookland V2", Charles H. Sylvester.
- "The Grain Of Dust A Novel", David Graham Phillips.