Definition of muteness:
- dumbness (part of speech: noun)
- silence (part of speech: noun)
- taciturnity (part of speech: noun)
- non-resonance (part of speech: noun)
- "The Blood Red Dawn", Charles Caldwell Dobie.
Those suffering from shell- shock deafness and muteness were told that an electrode would be applied to their larynx or the neighborhood of their ear and when they felt pain from it, that was a sign that they were able to talk and to hear if they wished, and that they must do so.- "Health Through Will Power", James J. Walsh.
- "Pardners", Rex Beach.