Definition of Boodle:
- A genus of plants embracing several species and varieties differing much in appearance and qualities: such as the common cabbage ( B. oleracea), broccoli, cauliflowers, etc.; the wild turnip ( B. campestris); the common turnip ( B. rapa); the rape or coleseed ( B. napus), etc.
- Money given in payment for votes or political influence; bribe money; swag.
- The whole collection or lot; caboodle.
lettuce, clams, payoff, ice lolly, scratch, give, slit, simoleons, borecole, profit, persuasion, breadstuff, pillage, colewort, lucre, lolly, dent, dinero, incision, scar, cole, peag, net, pelf, fix, scribble, Newmarket, moolah, carbohydrate, chou, abrasion, scratching, cabbage, cultivated cabbage, dough, scrape, starting line, stops, staff of life, saccharide, chicken feed, scraping, shekels, mark, excoriation, bribe, payola, kale, money, wampumpeag, profits, spoil, sugar, kail, cacography, wampum, dirty money, net income, earnings, scrawl, scratch line, popsicle, prick, lollipop, net profit, refined sugar, bread, chicago, Michigan, start, gelt.
- "In the Brooding Wild", Ridgwell Cullum.
- "The Claverings", Anthony Trollope.
- "McAllister and His Double", Arthur Train.