Definition of contracting:
Synonyms for contracting:
- contracting (part of speech: verb)
- decreasing (part of speech: verb)
- agreeing (part of speech: verb)
diminishing (part of speech: verb)
- hiring (part of speech: verb)
- endeavoring (part of speech: verb)
This tremulous hesitation of varying color did not last long; the whole jewel- like mass swept together, expanding and contracting with extraordinary swiftness for a few seconds- then, suddenly and clearly defined in the sky, a Kingly Crown blazed forth- a Crown of perfect shape, its five points distinctly and separately outlined and flashing as with a million rubies and diamonds.- "Thelma", Marie Corelli.
- "New observations on the natural history of bees", Francis Huber.
- "The Judgment House", Gilbert Parker.