Definition of dimness:
- blackness (part of speech: noun)
- dimness (part of speech: noun)
- dullness (part of speech: noun)
- darkness (part of speech: noun)
In the hurly of the combat and confusion of the night, with the dimness streaked with tumult, and the water gashed with fire, that horse and this dog might have gone on for ever, bewailing the nature of the sons of men, unless a special fortune had put power into their mouths.- "Springhaven A Tale of the Great War", R. D. Blackmore.
- "The Blue Flower, and Others", Henry van Dyke.
- "Harley Greenoak's Charge", Bertram Mitford.