Definition of dullness:
mediocrity, lassitude, dryness, stodginess, insipidity, vapidity, obtuseness, asepticism, depression, stupidity, bluntness, tediousness, action, deadliness, vapidness, insipidness, routine, weariness, languidness, excite, sameness, flavorlessness, hebetude, dulness, liveliness, familiarity, jejuneness, sterileness, blandness, torpidity, sterility.
- insensibility (part of speech: noun)
- bluntness (part of speech: noun)
- numbness (part of speech: noun)
- grayness (part of speech: noun)
- colorlessness (part of speech: noun)
- boredom (part of speech: noun)
- non-resonance (part of speech: noun)
- dullness (part of speech: noun)
- lethargy (part of speech: noun)
The half- brained creature to whom books are other than living things may see with the eyes of a bat and draw with the fingers of a mole his dullard's distinction between books and life: those who live the fuller life of a higher animal than he know that books are to poets as much part of that life as pictures are to painters or as music is to musicians, dead matter though they may be to the spiritually still- born children of dirt and dullness who find it possible and natural to live while dead in heart and brain.- "Poems & Ballads (First Series)", Algernon Charles Swinburne.
- "Counsels and Maxims From The Essays Of Arthur Schopenhauer", Arthur Schopenhauer.
- "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.