Definition of disastrous:
ignominious, dim, damning, unfortunate, devastative, pitch-black, bootleg, opprobrious, smutty, black, smuggled, dangerous, inglorious, help, mordant, pitch-dark, bleak, blackened, disgraceful, fatal, fateful, foreboding, ruinous, cataclysmic, portentous, ruinous, hazardous, risky, unsafe, dark, shameful, cataclysmal, calamitous, sinister, black-market, contraband, grim, annihilatory.
- adverse (part of speech: adjective)
- unsuccessful (part of speech: adjective)
- destructive (part of speech: adjective)
- "One Woman's Life", Robert Herrick.
Mrs. Ross was so affected by his disastrous condition, that in regard to the noble Family of which he was an unhappy Branch, she promised to serve him in the best Manner she could; but advised him to change his name, and to take that of Dunbar, which had been that of her own.- "Trial-of-Mary-Blandy", Roughead, William.
- "A Knight Of The Nineteenth Century", E. P. Roe.