Definition of girlish:
- effeminate (part of speech: adjective)
- juvenile (part of speech: adjective)
- young (part of speech: adjective)
- female (part of speech: adjective)
Hans Sachs, who is far too shrewd not to see through her girlish fencing, now resolves to discover whether she is as indifferent to the young knight, and in order to do so he drops a few careless and contemptuous remarks about him, which drive the young lady away in a very bad temper.- "Stories of the Wagner Opera", H. A. Guerber.
- "Love Under Fire", Randall Parrish.
- "The Long Lane's Turning", Hallie Erminie Rives.