Definition of jolting:
gravelly, stupefying, high-strung, crude, highly strung, bouncing, raspy, bumpy, rough, uncut, nervy, grating, scratchy, edgy, bouldered, eye-opening, uptight, overstrung, rasping, restive, rocky, jouncing, boisterous, jittery, harsh, flabbergasting, stony, approximative, amazing, approximate, jumpy, blindsiding, unsmooth, jolty, moving, pugnacious, fierce, jaw-dropping, bouldery, jarring, dumbfounding.
- agitating (part of speech: verb)
- motivational (part of speech: adjective)
- surprising (part of speech: verb)
motivating (part of speech: verb)
It may have been the much that I had talked, or the infernal jolting of my mule, but I was losing blood again, and as we were on the point of riding forward my senses swam, so that I cried out; and but for her prompt assistance I might have rolled headlong from my saddle.- "The Shame of Motley", Raphael Sabatini.
- "A Boy's Voyage Round the World", The Son of Samuel Smiles.
- "The Gray Mask", Wadsworth Camp.