Definition of ride:
- A road or avenue cut in a wood, or through grounds, to be used as a place for riding; a riding.
- A saddle horse.
- The act of riding; an excursion on horseback or in a vehicle.
- To be borne in a carriage; as, to ride in a coach, in a car, and the like. See Synonym, below.
- To be borne or in a fluid; to float; to lie.
- To be carried on the back of an animal, as a horse.
- To be supported in motion; to rest.
- To convey, as by riding; to make or do by riding.
- To manage a horse, as an equestrian.
- To manage insolently at will; to domineer over.
- To overlap ( each other); - said of bones or fractured fragments.
- To sit on, so as to be carried; as, to ride a horse; to ride a bicycle.
- To support a rider, as a horse; to move under the saddle; as, a horse rides easy or hard, slow or fast.
gravel, mobilise, live, call down, driveway, nettle, take, slang, weather, sex, chew out, aim, trounce, rally, jaw, lambaste, excite, wax, sit down, razz, call up, bait, rebound, tantalise, mount, labour, motor, come through, sit around, bug, charge up, last, urge on, get to, scold, rebuke, resist, effort, repel, turn-on, bullyrag, push back, tease, private road, hop on, irritate, climb on, chew up, dun, push, propel, journey, arouse, trip out, ram, climb, hinge upon, beat up, climb up, put one over, chaff, drum up, force, rely upon, needle, rile, badger, drive, lecture, baby-sit, pull through, pose, heckle, switch on, rag, bawl out, beleaguer, josh, depend upon, compel, pester, muster up, agitate, call on the carpet, posture, get, survive, remonstrate, transportation, torment, laughter, tantalize, bother, have words, commove, gull, hound, tease apart, reproof, rise, hinge on, crusade, rib, force back, nark, put one across, beat back, tug, loosen, crucify, trip, jump on, dress down, fluff, driving, persist, charge, get at, vex, depend on, labor, come up, devil, get off, rouse, bedevil, model, bestride, taunt, devolve on, cause, fool, lambast, movement, twit, take in, wind up, summon, jive, rely on, mount up, berate, frustrate, repulse, chafe, go up, annoy, card, mobilize, cod, campaign, seat, reprimand, hector, take to task, dupe, muster, impel, parkway, thrust, sit, chide, driving force, befool, spin, put on, banter, get on.