Definition of nullify:
keep down, avert, action, countervail, forefend, exterminate, lift, ward off, abate, subvert, keep off, neutralize, vitiate, rescind, head off, remove, knock off, repeal, extirpate, terminate, set aside, fend off, evacuate, obviate, reduce, continue, end, neutralise, waste, void, contravene, stamp out, liquidate, avoid, invalidate, stave off, quash, countermand, repress, abrogate, subjugate, belie, do in, suppress, annul, overthrow, deflect, subdue, forfend, negate, prohibit, debar, supplant.
- annul (part of speech: verb)
- negate (part of speech: verb)
- unsubstantiate (part of speech: verb)
- compensate (part of speech: verb)
- "Abraham Lincoln: Was He A Christian?", John B. Remsburg.
- "The American Judiciary", Simeon E. Baldwin, LLD.
The maintenance of the Union brings with it " the support of the State governments in all their rights," but it is not one of the rights of any State government to renounce its own place in the Union or to nullify the laws of the Union.- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.