Definition of absurdity:
joke, panic, balminess, riot, hoot, madness, absurdness, wackiness, dippiness, fatuousness, laugh, fatuity, silliness, gas, insanity, foolery, ridiculousness, nuttiness, zaniness, tomfoolery, witlessness, bêtise, lunacy, daftness, giddiness, foppery, imbecility, howl, ability, unwisdom, simplicity, laughter, nonsensicalness, scream.
- foolishness (part of speech: noun)
absurdity (part of speech: noun)
- impossibility (part of speech: noun)
- ridiculousness (part of speech: noun)
- unmeaningness (part of speech: noun)
Comedy holds up folly in a ridiculous light: Whatever conduct or character is found in the regions of absurdity, furnishes proper materials for the stage; and out of these, the pen of a master will draw many useful lessons.- "An History of Birmingham (1783)", William Hutton.
- "A Bicycle of Cathay", Frank R. Stockton.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.