Definition of carver :
1. A large knife for carving.
2. One who carves or divides meat at table.
3. One who carves; one who shapes or fashions by carving, or as by carving; esp. one who carves decorative forms, architectural adornments, etc.
- What you want is a little dainty woman, delicate, quick, bright- minded, something, to find an example near at hand, like Hattie Carver. - "Aurora the Magnificent", Gertrude Hall.
- " Ladies first," cried the carver. - "Furze the Cruel", John Trevena.
- The carver should be acquainted, too, with the choicest parts and morsels; and to give each guest an equal share of these titbits should be his maxim. - "The Book of Household Management", Mrs. Isabella Beeton.