Definition of counteraction:
equipoise, like for like, corrective, neutralizer, neutralization reaction, an eye for an eye, counterweight, counter, a tooth for a tooth, balance, prevention, neutralisation, cancellation, canceler, tit for tat, measure for measure, undoing, requital, neutralization, counterpoise, counterforce, forgiveness, neutralisation reaction.
- counteraction (part of speech: noun)
- defiance (part of speech: noun)
- compensation (part of speech: noun)
- opposition (part of speech: noun)
- revenge (part of speech: noun)
- retaliation (part of speech: noun)
- "Legacy", James H Schmitz.
- "Human, All-Too-Human, Part II", Friedrich Nietzsche.
But as the Earth is not the only celestial body possessing attraction, it is evident that there may be a point in space where the respective attractions may be entirely annihilated by mutual counteraction.- "All Around the Moon", Jules Verne.