Definition of disavowal:
- confutation (part of speech: noun)
annulment (part of speech: noun)
- denial (part of speech: noun)
- negation (part of speech: noun)
- renunciation (part of speech: noun)
When news reached Washington which left no doubt that the Sussex had been torpedoed by a German submarine, I immediately cabled to Berlin for instructions in order to be in a position to give an official disavowal of the act.- "My Three Years in America", Johann Heinrich Andreas Hermann Albrecht Graf von Bernstorff.
As a preliminary to any negotiations, he was to demand the recall of the President's proclamation of July 2, and an explicit disavowal of Commodore Barron's conduct in encouraging desertion from His Majesty's navy.- "Union and Democracy", Allen Johnson.
- "The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2)", Jefferson Davis.