Definition of negate:
Synonyms for negate:
misrepresent, disallow, waste, offset, neutralise, disown, oppugn, roll back, countervail, abate, avoid, vitiate, run afoul, cancel out, quash, knock off, strike down, vacate, negative, counteract, discredit, belie, harm, nullify, do in, set aside, continue, rescind, affirm, spoil, traverse, liquidate, contradict, overshadow, infringe, neutralize, gainsay, disannul, annihilate, cost, contravene, void, controvert, damage, action, null, taint, disconfirm, loose on.
- annul (part of speech: verb)
- disprove (part of speech: verb)
- negate (part of speech: verb)
- confute (part of speech: verb)
- "Community Civics and Rural Life", Arthur W. Dunn.
- "Essays on Russian Novelists", William Lyon Phelps.
- "Triplanetary", Edward Elmer Smith.