Definition of rejoinder:
repartee, coming back, restitution, paying back, payoff, replication, takings, sound reflection, retort, buffet, ask, getting even, parry, counter, homecoming, return, income tax return, restoration, yield, counterpunch, return key, heel counter, take, proceeds, riposte, regaining, replica, reappearance, comeback, recurrence, tabulator, issue, reverberation, tax return, sideboard, reproduction.
- answer (part of speech: noun)
- response (part of speech: noun)
- confutation (part of speech: noun)
The form of this rejoinder was childishly perverse, and it made Mr. Probert stare again; but it belonged to one of the reasons for which his children regarded him as an old darling that Gaston could suppose him after an instant to embrace it.- "The Reverberator", Henry James.
- "The Honorable Senator Sage-Brush", Francis Lynde.
- "Man to Man", Jackson Gregory.