Definition of thirteen :
1. A symbol representing thirteen units, as 13 or xiii.
2. One more than twelve; ten and three; as, thirteen ounces or pounds.
3. The number greater by one than twelve; the sum of ten and three; thirteen units or objects.
- Moreover, thirteen is my 'lucky number, ' if 'luck' is anything. - "Dorothy on a Ranch", Evelyn Raymond.
- As there was an ordinary in the same house, I went upstairs to dinner with the other guests, and found myself at a table with thirteen people, the greatest part of whom were better dressed than myself. - "The Adventures of Roderick Random", Tobias Smollett.
- Remember her age when they began- just thirteen. - "The Valley of Vision", Henry Van Dyke.