Definition of acquiescent:
- passive (part of speech: adjective)
- obedient (part of speech: adjective)
- agreeable (part of speech: adjective)
- servile (part of speech: adjective)
- willingness (part of speech: noun)
- willing (part of speech: adjective)
- "Skinner's Dress Suit", Henry Irving Dodge.
- "A Man and His Money", Frederic Stewart Isham.
In his earlier days Spencer was an uncompromising critic of many of the established governmental forms, such as the monarchy; in later years, while he did not change his views, he became more acquiescent, feeling that institutions must be judged by their relative fitness to the average characters and conditions of the citizens at any given time.- "Herbert Spencer", J. Arthur Thomson.