Definition of condor :
1. A gold coin of Chile, bearing the figure of a condor, and equal to twenty pesos. It contains 10. 98356 grams of gold, and is equivalent to about $ 7. 29. Called also colon.
2. A gold coin of Colombia equivalent to about $ 9. 65. It is no longer coined.
3. The California vulture.
bird (part of speech: noun)
grackle, road runner, snipe, crow, stork, peregrine, yellowbird, penguin, bluebill, crested jay, barn owl, coot, turkey, loon, sandpiper, blackbird, peacock, emu, swallow, cuckoo, jackdaw, eagle, bird, mockingbird, horned owl, oriole, tern, parrot, gull, swift, robin, parakeet, vulture, lovebird, ibis, partridge, wren, thrush, bittern, pheasant, myna, hawk, duck, hummingbird, lark, canary, sea gull, woodpecker, harrier, pelican, mourning dove, ostrich, tit, crane, egret, curlew, weaver, owl, grouse, cockatoo, jay, cardinal, dove, chickadee, goose, sheldrake, osprey, plover, cormorant, teal, raven, finch, heron, grosbeak, nuthatch, redwing, booby, waxwing, squab, rook, Canada goose, blue jay, nightingale, starling, bluebird, ringtail, macaw, swan, puffin, dodo, bald eagle, magpie, falcon, cassowary, quetzal, turtledove, goldfinch, mallard, pigeon, sparrow, flamingo, kingfisher, buzzard, bullfinch, spoonbill, songbird, albatross, redbird
- Still higher, there were brought to view vast fields of ice and snow, with masses of rock breaking out here and there among them, some in the form of precipices and crags, and others shooting up in jagged pinnacles and peaks, rising to dizzy heights, to the summits of which nothing but the condor or the eagle could ever attain. - "Rollo in Switzerland", Jacob Abbott.
- Wearily the daughter dropped into the seat which Mrs. Condor proffered. - "The Blood Red Dawn", Charles Caldwell Dobie.
- They resolved to proceed for Patane, but were driven by a storm on the coral ground of Borneo, and by a change of wind were driven upon Pulo Condor. - "A General History and Collection of Voyages and Travels, Vol. VIII.", Robert Kerr.