Definition of lacking:
shy, innocent, absentminded, scarce, destitute, wanting, lost, deficient, defective, missing, excess, scatty, deprived of, absent, abstracted, misplaced, in absentia, unavailable, better, barren, unattainable, inadequate, devoid, low, nonexistent, full.
- absent (part of speech: adjective)
- incomplete (part of speech: adjective)
- lacking (part of speech: verb)
- deficient (part of speech: adjective)
- "Growth of the Soil", Knut Hamsun.
- "Bull Hunter", Max Brand.
- "The Heart of Una Sackville", Mrs. George de Horne Vaizey.