Definition of meld:
- Any combination or score which may be declared, or melded, in pinochle.
- In the game of pinochle, to declare or announce for a score; as, to meld a sequence.
- To cause a promiscuous interpenetration of the parts of, as of two or more substances with each other, or of one substance with others; to unite or blend into one mass or compound, as by stirring together; to mingle; to blend; as, to mix flour and salt; to mix wines.
go, dissolve, blend, combine, wed, fusion, conflation, liquefy, cocktail, unify, unthaw, merge, blend in, aggregate, ruffle, mix in, intermingle, join, couple, melt, flux, shuffle, run, commix, consolidate, thaw, melt down, conjoin, unite, amalgamation, evaporate, link, commingle, basket rummy, mix, assemble, stir in, mix up, unfreeze, conflate, disappear, canasta, fuse, liquify, flow, connect, immingle, mellow out, desegregate, dethaw, concrete, integrate, immix, synthesis, yoke, marry, fade, mellow, conjugate, coalesce.
- mix (part of speech: verb)
- mixture (part of speech: noun)