Definition of prevalent:
plethoric, everyday, familiar, commonplace, going, preponderant, overriding, rife, overabundant, paramount, prevailing, predominant, stock, preponderating, be everywhere, normal, frequently met, current, widespread, diffuse, predominate, specific, public, regnant, ordinary, prolific, popular, dominant, study at prevailing, numerous.
- accepted (part of speech: adjective)
- universal (part of speech: adjective)
- frequent (part of speech: adjective)
- "Selections from the Prose Works of Matthew Arnold", Matthew Arnold.
- "Imaginary Interviews", W. D. Howells.
- "The Century Handbook of Writing", Garland Greever Easley S. Jones.