Definition of generally :
1. Collectively; as a whole; without omissions.
2. In a general way, or in general relation; in the main; upon the whole; comprehensively.
3. In general; commonly; extensively, though not universally; most frequently.
broadly, for the most part, principally, broadly speaking, slackly, per usual, consistently, chiefly, as a rule, often, substantially, nine times out of ten, typically, as usual, more often than not, largely, by definition, usual, popularly, altogether, natch, mostly, by and large, when all is said and done, something of the kind, in general, loosely, mainly, as a whole, predominantly, overall, centrally, naturally, big, broadly/generally speaking, basically, in the main, together, primarily
regularly (part of speech: adverb)
familiarly, predominately, steadily, regularly, universally, cyclically, continually, ordinarily, routinely, canonically, traditionally, habitually, periodically, frequently, commonly, prevailingly, conventionally, rhythmically, normally, customarily, monotonously, usually, constantly, chronically, recurrently
universally (part of speech: adverb)
- " No. Such as he generally come off easily," replied Mellersh. - "The Master of the Ceremonies", George Manville Fenn.
- They generally lay two, but very often three, eggs. - "The Nests and Eggs of Indian Birds, Volume 1", Allan O. Hume.
- And in the third place, which is the most important perhaps of all, you were in good health generally. - "When London Burned", G. A. Henty.