Definition of reconciliation :
1. Reduction to congruence or consistency; removal of inconsistency; harmony.
2. The act of reconciling, or the state of being reconciled; reconcilenment; restoration to harmony; renewal of friendship.
satisfaction, agreement, fix, chemistry, association, link, expiation, rapport, relations, process of elimination, way out, relationship, rapprochement, love, tie, connection, resolution, balancing, answer, heuristics, reconcilement, remedy, solution, cure, atonement, partnership, propitiation
compromise (part of speech: noun)
pacification (part of speech: noun)
mediation (part of speech: noun)
- Therefore, although a reconciliation had taken place, there seemed to be a possible motive for revenge. - "Child of Storm", H. Rider Haggard.
- Any reconciliation that is to stand, must include Him first of all. - "The Expositor's Bible: Ephesians", G. G. Findlay.
- I know you will write to me; but, pray, pray do not advise me to submit myself to him under the idea that a reconciliation is possible. - "The Bertrams", Anthony Trollope.