Definition of surprised:
Synonyms for surprised:
struck with amazement, gobsmacked, astonished, caught napping, speechless, dumbfounded, nonplussed, amazed, staggered, astounded, jiggered, taken unaware, popeyed, goggle-eyed, confounded, dumfounded, taken by surprise, flabbergasted, caught short, stupefied, stunned, openmouthed, thunderstruck, astonied, not anticipating, lost for words, psyched, startled.
- amazed (part of speech: verb)
- alarmed (part of speech: verb)
- surprised (part of speech: verb)
- "Do and Dare A Brave Boy's Fight for Fortune", Horatio Alger, Jr..
- "Original Short Stories, Volume 12 (of 13)", Guy de Maupassant Last Updated: February 13, 2009.
- "Hidden Gold", Wilder Anthony.