Definition of vacillate:
veer, see reason/sense, halt, reel, falter, dither, move with the times, loom, brood, quiver, pause, swing, waver, flitter, capitulate, fluctuate, scruple, swerve, teeter, resonate, repetition, quaver, weave, change your mind, hover, tickle, move on, thrill, hang back, bulk large, vibrate, decide, oscillate, waffle, balance, flicker, revise, flutter, levitate, backpedal, shilly-shally, renounce.
- change (part of speech: verb)
- oscillate (part of speech: verb)
- procrastinate (part of speech: verb)
- doubt (part of speech: verb)
- "Good Stories For Great Holidays Arranged for Story-Telling and Reading Aloud and for the Children's Own Reading", Frances Jenkins Olcott.
- "Hilda Lessways", Arnold Bennett.
- "The Flying Legion", George Allan England.