Definition of wallet :
1. A bag or sack for carrying about the person, as a bag for carrying the necessaries for a journey; a knapsack; a beggar's receptacle for charity; a peddler's pack.
2. A pocketbook for keeping money about the person.
3. Anything protuberant and swagging.
container (part of speech: noun)
closet, box, can, cabinet, stomach, jar, reservoir, bucket, cupboard, container, decanter, shelf, vault, storage, pouch, cask, drum, bowl, tank, pocket, crate, pot, bin, receptacle, holder, drawer, case, basket, belly, flask, bottle, bag, tray, bladder, trunk, sack, repository, locker, cup, ladle, vat, chest, suitcase, barrel, jug
money (part of speech: noun)
funds, check, purse, change, promissory note, silver, coinage, greenback, dough, wampum, money, swag, income, IOU, ways and means, spending money, note, profit, gross, bond, receipts, proceeds, bank note, draft, dollar, petty cash, money order, capital, scratch, cash, pounds, sterling, assets, pocket money, wad, moolah, ingot, treasure, issue, worth, loot, lucre, nugget, balance sheet, fortune, coupon, copper, wealth, currency, wherewithal, bullion, bill, gold, stock, bankroll, net worth
- Jim was going upstairs one day when, through the door of his uncle's chamber, which chanced to be open, he saw a wallet lying on the bureau. - "Hector's Inheritance or The Boys of Smith Institute", Horatio Alger.
- This done, he replaced the empty bag in his wallet, and marched on, leaving his companions amazed at his folly. - "Stories Of Georgia 1896", Joel Chandler Harris.
- Maybe we had better save the old hat and shoes, too; which we did with as much care as we had shown the watch and wallet. - "Vacation with the Tucker Twins", Nell Speed.