Definition of keeping:
- A holding; restraint; custody; guard; charge; care; preservation.
- Conformity; congruity; harmony; consistency; as, these subjects are in keeping with each other.
- Harmony or correspondence between the different parts of a work of art; as, the foreground of this painting is not in keeping.
- Maintenance; support; provision; feed; as, the cattle have good keeping.
- of Keep
property, obedience, trust, alike, enjoyment, observation, guardianship, retentiveness, memory, order, belongings, supervision, trim, congruity, chime, agreement, care for, uniformity, tutelage, abidance, retention, kilter, agree, conformity, care, in accord with, charge, agreement, congruence, superintendence, health, much the same as, in conformity with, nick, retentivity, conformance, form, harmony, balance, conformation, correspondence, adherence, compliance, accordance, shape, fettle, harmonization, consistency, conformity, estate, hands, custody, safekeeping, custodianship, holding, harmony, ward, repair, control.
- conserving (part of speech: verb)
- gripping (part of speech: verb)
- withdrawing (part of speech: verb)
- custody (part of speech: noun)