Definition of capable:
- Capacious; large; comprehensive.
- Possessing ability, qualification, or susceptibility; having capacity; of sufficient size or strength; as, a room capable of holding a large number; a castle capable of resisting a long assault.
- Possessing adequate power; qualified; able; fully competent; as, a capable instructor; a capable judge; a mind capable of nice investigations.
- Possessing legal power or capacity; as, a man capable of making a contract, or a will.
opened, exposed, fitting, fitted, surefooted, undefended, open to, fit, satisfactory, overt, subject, subject to, good, susceptible, adequate to, loose, suitable, equal, study at able, able, qualified, adequate, clear, confident, undefendable, sufficient, heart-to-heart, assailable, candid, undecided, dependent, able-bodied, experienced, commensurate, transliterate, resourceful, equal to, unresolved, receptive, unfastened, ability, open, up to, adapted, undetermined.
- intelligent (part of speech: adjective)
- stylish (part of speech: adjective)
- skillful (part of speech: adjective)
- "'Lena Rivers", Mary J. Holmes.
- "The Lookout Man", B. M. Bower.
- "An Encounter in Atlanta", Ed Howdershelt.