Definition of ambrosial:
- pleasurable (part of speech: adjective)
- sweet (part of speech: adjective)
- savory (part of speech: adjective)
- "Social Pictorial Satire", George du Maurier.
One who follows the simplest life- story of a butterfly and sees the egg change to larva and the larva change in size and form and color with each successive moult and then change again into the seemingly inert chrysalis, from which there finally comes the winged butterfly- unlike the egg, unlike the larva, unlike the chrysalis- a creature of perfect beauty, wonderfully adapted to living freely in the air and sipping ambrosial nectar from the flowers- one who follows these changes with awakened vision can scarcely fail to have a sense of wonder as to the laws that govern such intricate phenomena.- "Butterflies Worth Knowing", Clarence M. Weed.
- "Love Letters of a Violinist and Other Poems", Eric Mackay.