Definition of deface:
- To destroy or mar the face or external appearance of; to disfigure; to injure, spoil, or mar, by effacing or obliterating important features or portions of; as, to deface a monument; to deface an edifice; to deface writing; to deface a note, deed, or bond; to deface a record.
- To destroy; to make null.
- blemish (part of speech: verb)
- "Christopher and the Clockmakers", Sara Ware Bassett.
- "Historical Romances: Under the Red Robe, Count Hannibal, A Gentleman of France", Stanley J. Weyman.
- "Religious Perplexities", L. P. Jacks.