Definition of filmy:
rank, crystal clear, out-and-out, right-down, pellucid, aery, vaporous, bold, thick, aerial, plain, vapory, airy, thin, vapourific, downright, gauzy, gossamery, blurry, absolute, gauze-like, vapourish, unmingled, sheer, gossamer, unmixed, vaporish, ethereal, cobwebby, miasmal, guileless, vapourous, flimsy, transparent, diaphanous, bluff, vaporific, see through, miasmic.
- dim (part of speech: adjective)
- transparent (part of speech: adjective)
- semitransparent (part of speech: adjective)
- "On the Banks of the Amazon", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "Là-bas", J. K. Huysmans.
And though I entered it now in the clear day, with the sun peering through the filmy window, I still felt, as I stood on its floors, the creep of the horror which I had first there experienced the night before, and which had been so aggravated by what had passed in my own chamber.- "The Boy Scouts Book of Stories", Various.