Definition of huffy:
lordly, angry, chesty, presuming, pretentious, mad, excited, peremptory, upset, unbalanced, insane, toplofty, highfalutin, disturbed, harebrained, tetchy, self-assertive, annoyed, delirious, tender, masterful, lofty, touchy, fed up, self-asserting, demented, feisty, frantic, supercilious, high-hat, irritated, plucky, delicate, brainsick, sore, bumptious, assumptive, sick, uppish, cavalier, unhinged, superior, sensitive, pompous, huffish, painful, raw, assumptive, put out, spunky, unrestrained, ticklish, stiff-necked, important, crazy, thin-skinned, afflictive, displeased, piqued, uppity, insulted, sniffy, imperious, presumptuous, belligerent, overweening.
- irritable (part of speech: adjective)
- proud (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Melting of Molly", Maria Thompson Daviess.
- "A Tale of the Summer Holidays", G. Mockler.
- "The Jervaise Comedy", J. D. Beresford.