Definition of ogre:
monstrosity, fanatic, grotesque, goliath, Arthurian, task, savage, giant, burden, teras, chore, Arthur, elf, changeling, kind, heller, mare, dread, Cupid, despot, the Tempter, Genghis Khan, daimon, psycho, struggle, headache, grotesquerie, black beast, colossus, necessity, dickens, behemoth, cyclops, deuce, Dick and Jane, tiger, sadist, animal, a tall order, the impossible, Dorian Gray, lusus naturae, cowboy, bête noire, the elephant in the room.
- evil spirit (part of speech: noun)
- ghost (part of speech: noun)
- evildoer (part of speech: noun)
- "The Glands Regulating Personality", Louis Berman, M.D..
- "Indian Legends of Vancouver Island", Alfred Carmichael.
After twenty years she and her mother had returned to claim their rights from the Ogre; and Duddon Castle, the headquarters of all that was powerful and respected in the county, had taken up their cause.- "The Mating of Lydia", Mrs. Humphry Ward.