Definition of responsibility :
1. Ability to answer in payment; means of paying.
2. That for which anyone is responsible or accountable; as, the resonsibilities of power.
3. The state of being responsible, accountable, or answerable, as for a trust, debt, or obligation.
subjection, faithfulness, office, engagement, burden, constraint, steadfastness, right, tariff, trust, uprightness, onus, firmness, righteousness, pledge, must, state, commitment, need, freedom, honesty, exemption, indebtedness, charge, responsibleness, province, competency, restraint, trustworthiness, function, amenability, guilt, incumbency, culpability, contract, loyalty, stability, reliability, accountability, efficiency, certificate of indebtedness, ability, blame, imperative, debt instrument, capacity
duty (part of speech: noun)
paternity (part of speech: noun)
free will (part of speech: noun)
- I can't say that it is an unpleasant task, although it is a great responsibility. - "The Man Who Knew", Edgar Wallace.
- I can hardly believe that you do this of your own responsibility- without Violet's- nay, nay, I must not call her so- without your sister's consent. - "Julian Home", Dean Frederic W. Farrar.
- Nevill was silent, to let Stephen take the responsibility. - "The Golden Silence", C. N. Williamson and A. M. Williamson.