Definition of sclerosis :
1. Hardening of the cell wall by lignification.
2. Induration; hardening; especially, that form of induration produced in an organ by increase of its interstitial connective tissue.
- It amounted to an effort to make your mental sclerosis infectious, and it was all the worse because, in you, the stiffening of the tastes had taken the form of aversions rather than preferences. - "Imaginary Interviews", W. D. Howells.
- The most dreaded of all the ills of the cardiac and vascular systems nowadays seems to be arterio- sclerosis, or hardening of the arteries. - "The Dream Doctor", Arthur B. Reeve.
- Sclerosis of the arteries and other symptoms of heart failure, warned him during this autumn of 1895 that he was " descending the shady side of the hill." - "Lafcadio Hearn", Nina H. Kennard.