Definition of shriek:
- A sharp, shrill outcry or scream; a shrill wild cry such as is caused by sudden or extreme terror, pain, or the like.
- To utter a loud, sharp, shrill sound or cry, as do some birds and beasts; to scream, as in a sudden fright, in horror or anguish.
- To utter sharply and shrilly; to utter in or with a shriek or shrieks.
thigh-slapper, bellow, wow, scream, pipe up, pipe, howler, sounds, screaming, ejaculate, belly laugh, vociferate, screeching, sidesplitter, shrieking, blare, screech, shrill, riot, roar, screak, show.
- "The Coral Island", R.M. Ballantyne.
- "The Dorrance Domain", Carolyn Wells.
- "In a Little Town", Rupert Hughes.