Definition of increase:
- Addition or enlargement in size, extent, quantity, number, intensity, value, substance, etc.; augmentation; growth.
- Progeny; issue; offspring.
- That which is added to the original stock by augmentation or growth; produce; profit; interest.
- The period of increasing light, or luminous phase; the waxing; - said of the moon.
- To augment or make greater in bulk, quantity, extent, value, or amount, etc.; to add to; to extend; to lengthen; to enhance; to aggravate; as, to increase one's possessions, influence.
- To become greater or more in size, quantity, number, degree, value, intensity, power, authority, reputation, wealth; to grow; to augment; to advance; - opposed to decrease.
- To become more nearly full; to show more of the surface; to wax; as, the moon increases.
- To multiply by the production of young; to be fertile, fruitful, or prolific.
improver, affix, addition, run up, outgrowth, elaboration, jump, mount, build, developing, upsurge, propagate, wax, emergence, adjoin, attach, merger, growth, plus, subjoin, accretion, ontogenesis, summation, sum up, breed, progress, escalation, progression, improvement, build up, hike, append, reproduction, step-up, proliferate, reduction, profit, rise, make up, snowball, maturation, beef up, boom, growing, decline, incorporation, accession, gain, ontogeny, procreate, appreciation, reproduce, increasing, cast up, increment, spawn, buildup, soar, join on, rise, add-on, aggrandize.
- expansion (part of speech: noun)
- augmentation (part of speech: noun)
increase (part of speech: verb)
- intensify (part of speech: verb)
- addition (part of speech: noun)
- expand (part of speech: verb)
- add (part of speech: verb)
Instead she was going to increase his allowance because, apparently, she approved of him!- "The Iron Woman", Margaret Deland.
The game he was playing seemed safe enough, so far, but nothing had come of it, and beyond this point it could not be carried, without great increase of risk.- "The Story Of Kennett", Bayard Taylor.
This means that ye maun increase your sales aboot $ 7, 000. 00 during the year.- "Dawson Black: Retail Merchant", Harold Whitehead.