Definition of absorbed:
jailed, thoughtless, oblivious, enwrapped, inattentive, clothed, attentive, draped, confined, removed, listless, indifferent, captive, intent, united, awareness, mantled, engrossed, absent, negligent, absent-minded, unreflected, rapt, wrapped, drunk, preoccupied, lost, heedless, excite, deep, cloaked, imprisoned, absorbable, wrapped up in, abstracted.
- attentive (part of speech: adjective)
- received (part of speech: verb)
- learned (part of speech: verb)
- "The Iron Woman", Margaret Deland.
- "Salome", Emma Marshall.
- "Curlie Carson Listens In", Roy J. Snell.