Definition of analogous:
- parallel (part of speech: adjective)
- comparative (part of speech: adjective)
- relational (part of speech: adjective)
- representative (part of speech: adjective)
- similar (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Story of the Heavens", Robert Stawell Ball.
If, in the language of rational beings, laws of nature are to be spoken of as self- existent and independent of the phenomena which they are said to govern, such language must be merely analogous to the manner in which we often speak of the civil law.- "Edward Caldwell Moore Outline of the History of Christian Thought Since Kant", Edward Moore.
If Mr Robert Hyslop did not altogether belong to this class, he yet, his son tells us, used particular expressions, and always the same in analogous cases; some of them indeed were altogether peculiar to him.- "Mrs. Piper & the Society for Psychical Research", Michael Sage.