Definition of assertion:
financial statement, self-confidence, trust, boldness, program line, claim, averment, command, avouchment, self-reliance, allegation, confidence, impudence, arrogance, effrontery, statement, asseveration, affirm, self-assertion, instruction.
- affirmation (part of speech: noun)
- dissertation (part of speech: noun)
topic (part of speech: noun)
- disclosure (part of speech: noun)
- "Only One Love, or Who Was the Heir", Charles Garvice.
I make no positive assertion that he spent any time in watching the British; Revere, knowing the route, may have signalled in order to make sure that the news crossed the river, even though he himself might fail.- "The Siege of Boston", Allen French.
- "The Splendid Folly", Margaret Pedler.