Definition of delinquent:
woebegone, ramshackle, dilapidated, faulty, inattentive, incorrigible, decrepit, guilty, remiss, blameworthy, owed, punctilious, derelict, back, due, juvenile delinquent, creaky, broken-down, run-down, censurable, culpable, tatterdemalion, blamable, slack, neglectful, unpaid, punctual, red-handed, reprehensible, flea-bitten, negligent, shabby, careless, overdue, bedraggled, deserted, tumble-down, abandoned.
- inopportune (part of speech: adjective)
- late (part of speech: adjective)
- inexpedient (part of speech: adjective)
- thief (part of speech: noun)
- villain (part of speech: noun)
- untimely (part of speech: adjective)
As I failed to do it, after some days, again the Dean sent for me; and finding after question made that I pretty well guessed the delinquent but declined to expose him, the Dean kindly added-" This does you credit, sir," and I left.- "My Life as an Author", Martin Farquhar Tupper.
- "Mary Rose of Mifflin", Frances R. Sterrett.
- "The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2)", Jefferson Davis.