Definition of devious:
roundabout, wandering, shifting, indirect, erratic, disingenuous, honest, untrustworthy, circular, evasive, straight, oblique, duplicitous, shifty, insidious, lubricious, guileful, underhand, anfractuous, tortuous, sneaky, untrusty, purpose, circuitous, tortuous, stray.
- cunning (part of speech: adjective)
- dishonest (part of speech: adjective)
- untruthful (part of speech: adjective)
- diagonal (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Top-Floor Idyl", George van Schaick.
- "The Narrative of a Blockade-Runner", John Wilkinson.
From these oaks, we passed into a wood of chestnuts, and still going up and up, but by such devious, unseen ways, that I think no man, stranger to these parts, could pick it out for himself in broad daylight, we came thence into a great stretch of pine trees, with great rocks scattered amongst them, as if some mountain had been blown up and fallen in a huge shower of fragments.- "A Set of Rogues", Frank Barrett.